Saturday, February 22, 2014

Look Out For The Little Foxes

“Look Out” For the Little Foxes
 Author Unknown - found with Jack Nazary's sermons

"Catch the foxes for us, The little foxes that are ruining the vineyards, While our vineyards are in blossom."
Song of Solomon 2:15

Introduction:  It is the little things that sometimes cause the most damage.  For example, pine beetles – do much harm, termites can destroy, and little sins can spoil the Christian life. 

Some “little foxes” that may be hidden in our life.

1.         Discourtesy – When you are rude or inconsiderate of others, you damage your witness and your inner peace.  Jesus commanded that we “love your neighbor as yourself” – Matthew 22:39 In simple terms, you are to treat others the way that you want to be treated by being courteous and considerate of others. 

2.        Not thoughtful

3.        Ungrateful – in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.                           1 Thessalonians 5:18

4.         Murmuring and complaining – These are grumblers, finding fault, following after their own lusts… Jude 16; The sons of Israel did not strike them because the leaders of the congregation had sworn to them by the LORD the God of Israel. And the whole congregation grumbled against the leaders. Joshua 9:18
Someone that constantly complains about every situation, event, feeling, etc. is frankly no fun to be around.  Not to mention that as Christians we should be careful to grumble and murmur.  We are blessed to be a part of the family of God and as such should always rejoice.  Paul said it best in Philippians 4:11 - Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 

5.        Nagging

6.        Criticism and fault-finding

7.        Preoccupation is giving all your attention to something.  Sometimes we get so preoccupied with things of this world, that we miss the blessings the Lord has for us to receive. 
                There was a conversation between a real estate broker and a young girl:
                A home?  Why do I need a home? the young girl answered.
                I was born in a hospital.
                I was educated in a college.
                I was courted in an automobile.
                I was married in a church.
                I live out of restaurants and paper bags.
                I spend my mornings on the golf course and my evenings at the movies –
                When I die I’m going to be buried at the undertakers;
                All I need is a garage.

8.        Unopened Bible

9.        Unbent knee

10.     Unconcern for lost

11.     Unpaid tithe

12.     T.M.T. (too much television)

13.     Money madness – Instead of getting money to live, it becomes living to get money. 

14.     Unforgiving spirit

                 


No comments:

Post a Comment