Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Grandmother's Thoughts

I found this written on a scrap piece of paper by my grandmother and thought it was too good not to share.

The old things are passed away, now, today, I enter into a new life...
Have you ever heard a person say "If only I could live my life over again?" But this is not what anyone really wants. What we really want is a different life, a new life, a new direction now. Let us have no regrets over the past. Let us not long to go back to relive it - Now is the time, Now is our beginning, Now - new life is ready for us. Think of yourself as at the point of beginning again. Do not let the mistakes, the failures, the unhappiness of the past - not even the happiness of the past bind you to yesterday. Let the past go. Live now. Live today in newness of thought, newness of life, newness of purpose. Every day you have a new life to live if you only realize it and this new way of living can be transforming and enriching.

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind." Isaiah 65:17


No comments:

Post a Comment