Friday, September 26, 2014

The University of the Spirit

The University of the Spirit
Prepared on August 30, 1945 by W.H. Wood in the A.M.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

The only entrance requirement:
            Dissatisfaction with present conditions. 
Paul – “I count not myself to have apprehended” – seize or take a mental hold of. 
Isaiah – “I am – unclean”.
Peter – “wept bitterly”.

Freshman year:
            We must learn to conquer failure.  “forgetting those things which are behind”. 
                        Elijah’s hard year.
                        Judas never got past it. 

Sophomore year:
            We must become visionary.   “Reaching forth unto”.
                        Moses – “saw him who is invisible”.
                        Abraham – “looked for a city…”

Junior year:
            We must learn to plod incessantly (continuous).  “I press toward the mark”

Senior year:
            Specialization – “This one thing”.
                        Paul – Had his pride to conquer.
                        Moses – Had his timidity to conquer.
                        The rich young ruler had locked “one thing”.

Diploma:        

            “The prize” 

No comments:

Post a Comment